Wednesday, April 29, 2015

An artist, of course



Anita Witten, one of the founding members of the artisans cooperative where I have been a member for 15 years, is no longer active in our market. But she is a frequent and supportive customer. This is a shout-out to Anita who saw my new work before it was hung and offhandedly remarked that I should have a figure of an artist in the bunch. I did the V8 slap to my forehead and went home to make one right away: a painter holding a paint palette and a brush. (It was perfect timing; I had already made the figure but wasn't happy with her because I didn't feel like she was complete.)



And then I got a creative spurt and made a couple more, just two days before hanging my show, and while taking breaks from making some huge custom wedding orders of plantable paper. Phew!

Love this elderly person with silvery hair and a cane:


And this stretched-out one, walking fast with hair blowing:


I am excited to frame a butterfly in a separate frame, next to someone with a net. I think it will look really cool, hung side by side!


OK, now I am really going to stop. Time to start packing up to hang my show tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment