Sunday, November 9, 2014

Yoga

Yeeeeeeeee! I am buzzing around with excited, nervous energy. I applied to exhibit my work at a gallery and was juried in and accepted for a show in the spring. This is the first time I have stretched myself in this manner and it will be my very first gallery show, a show where an entire room will be devoted to only my work for an entire month. That’s crazy!! I am so excited that I actually made about 14 pieces of art already in a three-day I-can’t-go-to-bed-because-I-am-so excited creative spurt! The show’s focus will be on my Petal People, the figures I make entirely out of pressed flowers, plus the greeting cards that are prints of the original artwork. I am trying to ride the creative wave and keep producing lots of new work before I get bogged down in the details. There are so many. Holy cow! I have to host an opening reception…


Maybe a little yoga will calm me down. Standing forward bend, with a little knee bend and stretch, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment