Friday, November 21, 2014

Thanksgiving stuffing

I can't wait for Thanksgiving. No, I mean, I literally can't wait. I got such a hankering for stuffing today that I just went ahead and made a big batch of it and stuffed some squash with it for dinner. My family has a tradition of eating James Beard's chestnut stuffing for our Thanksgiving side with the turkey so I will save that tradition for the real day. I made this everything-but-the-kitchen-sink stuffing that is one of my fall favorites. I started making it a decade or so ago when I had some apples (from an over-zealous apple picking season)that were getting soft. They were a firm variety that wouldn't be good for apple sauce so I made various dishes like delicata squash and apple soup, and German apple pancakes. And this recipe. It has onions, celery, apples (bien sur), mushrooms, pine nuts, maple syrup, bread crumbs, chicken broth, fresh rosemary, parmesan cheese, havarti cheese…

It doesn't look very good here in a brown lump in this photo but trust me, it is. Oh lord, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment