Sunday, November 16, 2014

I miss the front page!

Etsy (the web site that hosts my online shop) recently changed its design and I am missing the old Front Page. It was really something to actually have an item featured there, even if it was only for an hour. To have an item found amongst the millions of items and tens of thousands of shops and make it onto the cover page was exhilarating, especially when I didn't know it happened until I saw a huge spike in views in my stats and had a sudden burst of sales.

I remember the very first time I was on the front page. I found out because I suddenly was receiving emails from friends on FaceBook saying congratulations. I had no idea what was going on so I signed on to FaceBook and saw that there was a post (that looked like it came from me) announcing that I was on the front page of Etsy. To this day, I don't know how it happened. Etsy and FaceBook were somehow linked and communicating, and it was an automatic post from Etsy. I was kinda embarrassed that it looked like I was bragging, and I immediately took it down and changed all my privacy settings. Freaky.

Anyway, I was featured 4 or 5 times since I joined Etsy in 2008. This screen shot is the last time I was featured, in August of this year, for my plantable paper umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment