Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Christmas Story


No not that one, though that one is one of my all-time favorite movies.

This story is one from a handful of decades ago. It was Christmas Eve and I was straining all evening to hear when Santa Claus would land on the roof so I could get a peek at him. As the youngest child, everybody else knew the secret and was being careless about making noise. I was already overly tired, beyond excited to open presents and on edge that I would miss Santa with all the racket.

When I heard the jingling of bells, I ran wildly around the house in search of the origin of the sound ... only to find one of my big brothers hiding in a dark bathroom behind the door, shaking some bells. When I found him he had an odd look on his face that I didn't understand. (I know now that he was worried that he had ruined my belief in Santa Claus and he would be blamed for upsetting me.) I stomped my foot, put my hands on my hips and yelled at him for having made so much silly noise that I was sure to have missed the REAL Santa Claus.

Hope the holiday season is treating you well and your childhood wishes are realized. Merry Christmas!



OMG - look at how deliriously happy I am on Santa's lap!

No comments:

Post a Comment