Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Flower presses!


I have been selling my framed Petal People like hotcakes lately. I don't know if it residual interest from the show I had in the spring or a different audience of people coming to the artisans cooperative where I sell them or some other reason, but I can't keep up. I have sold half of my inventory in just two months. When the calendar flipped to October 1, I freaked out a little bit. The season to collect botanicals is very short so I hustled and gathered flowers, leaves and herbs, and filled up one more press before the seasons change. If I didn't do it right away, I knew I would get distracted with other projects and have 5 feet of snow covering everything with not a green leaf in sight. Now I just have to wait a few more weeks for those lovely blooms, and the ones I've been pressing since last spring, to dry out and flatten so I can start producing lots of inventory for Christmas. Stay tuned for new designs soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment