Friday, February 27, 2015

Kate and Jack


If you are familiar with my products, you know that I include planting instructions with my orders, in the form of a poem. I had a groom contact me yesterday about personalizing my poem for his wedding to his Celtic bride, Kate. After the wedding, he is going to surprise her with the poem and a few dozen of my plantable paper clovers scattered around their hotel room. He wants his bride to take them back home and plant them in their garden to remember their wedding day. (Did I mention he has a culinary degree and proposed over a meal that he cooked for her, with perfectly matched wines to every dish? I'd say Jack is quite a catch!)

Here's what I came up with:

This is a story about Jack and Kate,
Who hit it off from their very first date.
It was a love story from the start
With food and wine and lots of heart.
Artemis and Apollo would certainly agree
That these two were always meant to be.
The wedding in Sonoma was very stylish,
With a heavy emphasis on all things Irish.
After the ceremony and all the goodbyes,
Jack thought it would be a nice surprise
For Kate to find these clovers in the room
When she returned there with her groom.
Take them back to Texas, to your home
And plant them where you will see them bloom.
In these shamrocks, little seeds lay asleep,
Waiting to be planted in soil 1/4 inch deep.
Water well then keep moist for 4 to 6 weeks.
Until little plants come out of the soil for a peek.
Many flowers will share their colors to the max.
Like purple cone flower, red poppy and blue flax.
And with the breeze, when the flowers sway,
May they always remind you of your wedding day.
© PulpArt.Etsy.com

Happy wedding, Jack and Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment