Saturday, September 10, 2016

Winner winner chicken dinner


Here's something you may not know about me. I love visiting antique shops and going to auctions. Sifting through old things, finding rusty metal whatchamacallits, repurposing scuffed up items, bidding on something unwanted whose new function I can clearly see... I love to recycle and I love to give new life to something whose life has wound down. A couple of months ago, I found this cool wooden dish rack and made it into a display for my handmade cards.


http://paperandpulp.blogspot.com/2016/01/a-dish-rack.html

So I was excited when I recently came across an old rusty chicken feeder. I liked its shape and size, and it had such an interesting history as an implement on a farm. When I hung it up on a wall in my kitchen, it took on a very different purpose to hold my napkins and placemats. Part of me would really love to veer off and open up a new Etsy shop dedicated to repurposed items, especially for the kitchen. Here what the feeder looks like up on my wall:


Maybe if I collect enough items then I will have to start selling old stuff to clean out inventory and that will jump-start a new business. At least I am going to use that as an excuse to get out there and get back to shopping. I'll let you know what I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment