Monday, September 26, 2016

Retiring treasuries on Etsy


So sad to read the news that Etsy retired treasuries: https://www.etsy.com/teams/7716/announcements/discuss/18084346/

Treasuries were really neat collections of items, curated by Etsy shoppers and shop owners. Items were chosen for themes or colors or holidays and I always found new and interesting things on the site that I would not have come across in any other way outside of other people searching and creating a tight little package of the best of what they could find. Etsy completely overhauled the front page to its current iteration and I have missed the old one ever since. Treasures were chosen by Etsy for their pleasing design and put on the front page of the web site, which changed every hour. I still miss them and never take the time to poke across the massive website on my own so I rarely see all the talent and terrific ideas out there.

This is a treasury for Father's Day featuring my plantable paper mustaches:


Here's another one that appeared for Valentine's Day, featuring my plantable paper hearts:



A lovely spring treasury, celebrating everything it has to offer, including rainy days, with my plantable paper umbrellas. I got many clicks into my shop as well as sales from these features. Goodbye treasuries! I loved you well...




No comments:

Post a Comment