Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A dish rack?


I love old things, scruffed-up things, things with histories, and I love using them in my displays of my artwork. I especially love old wooden boxes, racks and crates. I was looking around one of my favorite stores this week and noticed this odd wooden piece that looks like it came out of a barn somewhere - and might have given the amount of gunk that came off of it when I cleaned it. A tag that was attached to it said it was an old wooden drying rack for dishes but somehow I am not sure that was its original purpose. I immediately gravitated to it and started thinking about how I could use it in my house. I was looking it over when the idea struck me to plop some cards in it and make it into a display rack for an upcoming show where I need some extra display space. Love it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment