Friday, August 1, 2014

'Tis the season

My business of selling handmade paper goes through seasons, and ebbs and flows (as does my mood to make handmade paper!). Right now I am in a quiet season for selling my seeded papers but my other business of selling my framed Petal People is in full swing, which suits me just fine as I welcome the creative break from making paper full time. (I don't sell my original framed Petal People online but you can find them at Valley Artisans Market, an artisans cooperative in upstate New York where I am a member. I make greeting card prints out of some of my selected designs, which can be purchased in my Etsy shop.)

Right now, I am pressing flowers and leaves just as fast as my garden will produce them and opening flower presses from what I pressed earlier in the spring. Here are a few of my latest creations.

I love this girl with her flowing skirt because the entire body, including arms and legs, were made from one single flower:


The body of this figure was made from a potato vine from my flower box. I love how it looks like it has shoulder pads because of the shape of the leaf:


OH NO! My balloon got away!


Can you picture how this girl is walking, arms outstretched and slowly prancing so as to show off her new outfit? I imagine it is made out of feathers and she doesn't want to put her arms down so as not to crush the feathers.


If you would like to know more about pressing flowers and making Petal People for yourself, I have created a new tutorial in my Etsy shop, 8 pages long with plenty of photos, that you can purchase here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/77788055.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment