Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Northshire Bookstore


I am so excited that I am now selling my cards at Northshire Bookstore in Saratoga Springs. Part of my excitement is because this relationship was almost two years in the making. The buyer for the card section contacted me about a year and a half ago, asking if I wholesaled my cards. At the time I didn't, so I wrote a pleasant note thanking for her inquiry, yadda, yadda, and then went on my merry way. But last fall, I decided to branch into wholesale and contacted the buyer after a year. It took us almost four months to finally sit down and connect. I actually asked her for an informational meeting to learn about wholesale from her point of view and get feedback about my cards. But by the end of the sit-down, I had a wholesale order from her. How do you like that?

Northshire Bookstore is a family-owned, independent bookstore, with two locations - one in Manchester Center, Vermont, and the other in Saratoga Springs, New York. Before the Saratoga branch opened in 2013, we used to take day trips to Manchester to go to the bookstore. It's one of those interesting, winding stores, a series of one property and then the next purchased over decades that has created various floors and tucked-away rooms and nooks of not just books but gifts, interesting knick-knacks, jewelry and even clothing. When I heard they were opening in Saratoga, I think I might have done a cartwheel.

Their philosophy is in line with mine, so it is a wonderful match to be selling my work there:
"We believe strongly in the triple bottom line - people, planet & profits - because we recognize that business occurs in the context of community. We work hard to enrich our communities as we strive to thrive in the dynamic world of book selling."


If you are local, please stop in. They are now carrying 11 lines of my Petal People cards!





No comments:

Post a Comment