Thursday, January 16, 2014

New year, new poem!

I have been making my plantable paper for years now, and have always been very proud of the original poem I wrote to accompany my paper, explaining how to plant it:
In this paper, little seeds lay asleep, Waiting to be planted in soil 1/4 inch deep. Water well then keep moist for 4 to 6 weeks. Until little plants come out of the soil for a peek. Many flowers will share their colors to the max. Like purple cone flower, red poppy and blue flax! © PulpArt.Etsy.com
Recently, I added a new poem to one of my products. I started making plantable paper apples as a nifty and unusual gift idea to thank teachers for all they do for our children. I really felt deeply about honoring teachers so I pulled out my pencil and paper, reached deep and wrote this new poem:
Every day, you plant seeds of knowing, Though the harvest you may never see. But with hope, you continue sowing, To plant young minds with what could be. And tend to the flowers and the weeds, To find what is hidden in a seed. © PulpArt.Etsy.com
I am especially grateful to one particular math teacher and wrote it with her in mind. I hope you have special teachers in your life. The good ones make such a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment