Saturday, July 11, 2015

Too quirky?



https://www.etsy.com/listing/16733360

I will admit this image is a slightly quirky one of a person holding a fly swatter, and a fly buzzing around overhead. I made it entirely from pressed leaves flowers and herbs that I grew in my garden, picked at the height of color and then pressed for many weeks. Once dried, I arranged the botanicals into this figure. I was inspired to make it from the botanical that looks like a house fly. I knew right away I wanted someone to be holding a fly swatter, and the Petal Person fell into place. I had a high-quality digital scan made of the artwork, then printed it onto card stock.

The card measures approximately 4.25 x 5.5, and comes with a matching envelope and an explanation of my process on the back. It is blank inside and packaged in an acid-free plastic envelope. Hope you have a reason to use this quirky card!




No comments:

Post a Comment